Bonded Oil Company: Energy Conservation Tips!
• Install a programmable thermostat to turn your heat down automatically when you're not at home.
• Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Air dry your laundry. Save money on Electricity or Gas that would have been used to run your dryer.
• Insulate your hot water heater. Be sure you don't cover the thermostat and on gas models make sure you don't cover the top, bottom or burner compartment.
• Insulate the first 6 feet of hot and COLD waterpipes connected to your hot water heater.
• In cold weather, close your window shades or blinds at night to prevent cold drafts. Open southern and western facing blinds or shades during the day to capture warming sunlight.
• Repair dripping faucets promptly. A faucet leaking hot water, is costing you money. (One drop a second can waste up to 48 gallons a week!)
• Clean your furnace filters monthly or replace if necessary. A clean unit runs more efficiently
• Annual Maintenance to your oil/gas fired heating system will ensure peak efficiency. A properly tuned and adjusted oil burner will help increase efficiency and proper heat response.
• When setting a programmable thermostat please ensure the temperature desired when home is no more then six degrees higher then the temperature set for when you are away. More than six degrees difference can cause a heating system to run longer to reach desired temperature leading to more fuel use.
• When temperatures drop to extreme winter levels, keep the thermostat at a higher level then normal to ensure no freezing of water pipes on outside walls. Keep all room doors open so maintain the same temperature throughout the home. Run the water in sinks at a low rate to keep water moving to avoid freezing.
In the car:
• Don't drive aggressively. Speeding, rapid acceleration, and hard braking wastes fuel and can lower your fuel economy up to 33% on the highway and 5% around town.
• Every 5 MPH over 60 MPH is like paying an extra $0.30 per gallon of gas.
• Don't keep excess junk in your car. Every 100 pounds of extra "stuff" in your car could increase your gas costs up to $0.08 per gallon.
• Plan your trips! Why make 5 trips when you can plan an efficient route that will take you to all 5 stops in a logical order.
• Check your tire pressure. Properly inflated tires not only save fuel they are safer to drive on.
• Make sure to change oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles
• Change air filter on a regular basis, your car/truck needs air to run properly. A clogged air filter causes restrictions resulting in loss of power and inefficient fuel use.
• Bonded Oil Company is ready to help make your home/business more efficient.
• We offer oil/gas fired efficient heating equipment, stand by generator, annual maintanence, hot water heaters, oil tank replacement/removal and much more.
Bonded Oil Company is ready to help:
Our heating experts can help you with more energy efficient equipment, annual servicing of your heating system and more. Contact us today!